May 31, 2012

All About Beauty

This post is dedicated to the beauty products I use on a regular basis. I thought I would share these with you since beauty really goes hand-in-hand with fashion. Make-up and hair can completely change the look and feel of an outfit. There are many products that I use but for this post, I'm focusing on Skincare, Make-up and Hair. Get an in-depth view of my beauty essentials after the jump.



SKINCARE

Olay Total Effects Revitalizing Foaming Cleanser: I don't like spending much on cleanser and use whatever will clean my face well. This Olay cleanser does the job.

Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub: I don't have blemish-prone skin but I like to make sure it stays that way. This scrub exfoliates gently and seems to keep the acne at bay.

Korres Wild Rose Face & Eye Serum, 24-Hour Moisturizing & Brightening Cream, and Evening Primrose Eye Cream: I really like the way these products make my skin feel and look. A little goes a long way and it provides the perfect amount of hydration for my dry skin.

St. Tropez Gradual Tan Everyday Body Moisturizer: I use the medium/dark shade on my legs and it's been giving me the ideal golden glow that's not orange or streaky.

MAKE-UP

Laura Mercier Hydrating Foundation Primer: Since my skin is dry, I moisturize it as much as I can before applying make-up. This primer creates a smooth, moist base for my foundation.

Smith's Rosebud Salve: I'm a bit of a lip product junkie and have countless lipsticks and glosses that I rotate between. This lip balm is the one constant that's remained the same.

Make Up Forever HD Invisible Cover Foundation: I use this liquid foundation for going out at night or for photo shoots. It's buildable, isn't cakey and has good coverage.

Liole Triple the Solution BB Cream: I like to use BB Cream when I only need light coverage during the day. It's basically a tinted moisturizer with anti-wrinkle, SPF and whitening care. This one by Liole really brightens and evens out my skin tone.

Chanel Vitalumière Éclat Pressed Powder: I use this to set my foundation and touch up my make-up during the day. Sometimes I'll use MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder if I need stronger setting power but for most days this is enough.

Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler: This really is the best eyelash curler out there. It doesn't pinch my eyelids and it gives my lashes a nice curl with no crimping. I like to heat the eyelash curler with a blast of hot air from my hair dryer before curling my lashes.

tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Dollface: This is my current favourite blush that has surpassed my Nars Orgasm blush. This light pink shade provides a sweet flush.

MAC Carbon Eyeshadow: I use this eyeshadow to line my eyes or fill in my brows with MAC's #263 small angle brush. It's a deep, matte black shade with great pigmentation.

Urban Decay Naked Palette: I've been using this eyeshadow palette exclusively since I bought it last year. I love how it has all the neutral shadows in one place, and you can mix and match colours to create everything from subtle to smokey eye looks.

CoverGirl LashBlast Volume Blasting Mascara: This is the only mascara I've tried that actually doesn't smudge. I've tried many mascaras (L'Oreal Voluminous, Diorshow, Too Faced Lash Injection) and they all smudged even if I used my Shiseido The Makeup Mascara Base. The LashBlast in the orange tube is my favourite for voluminous, clump-free, smudge-proof lashes.

Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base: The creamy consistency of this light bronzer works really well with my skin and gives me a natural, sun-kissed glow.

HAIR

Joico Daily Conditioning Shampoo & Conditioner: Like cleanser, I don't like to spend a lot of money on things I wash down the drain. This combo from Joico is reasonably priced, doesn't weigh down my fine hair and provides enough moisture.

L'Oréal Professionnel Volume Lift Spray Mousse: I need as much root lift as I can get since my hair is fine. This mousse isn't heavy and works.

Moroccanoil Treatment Light: My hair is fine, naturally wavy and prone to frizz, and Morocconoil makes my hair shiny, smooth and nourished.

Frederic Fekkai Beach Waves: When I want to give my hair a break from hot styling tools, I spray this into my hair and scrunch it to activate and enhance my natural waves.

Velcro Rollers: These are great for all-over volume. I use the 3" rollers.

got2be Guardian Angel Heat Protect N Flatten: A must for protecting your hair from the heat of styling tools. This gives my hair a nice, glossy finish.

Corioliss Flat Iron: Heats up just seconds and leaves my hair straight and smooth.

Conair Curling Iron: I've been using this 1 1/4" curling iron since high school.

L'Oréal Elnett Hairspray: Hair is set and still soft. I prefer the fragrance-free version.

If you have any products that are your holy grails for skincare, make-up or hair (especially if you have the same skin and hair type as I do), please share! And if you have any questions about the products I use, feel free to ask :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I read them all and truly appreciate them :)