August 07, 2012

Light as Silk


{ Silk Tank (last seen here) & Shorts (last seen here): Wilfred (from Aritzia) // Belt: Old Navy // Sandals: Aldo (old) // Bag: Zara (old) // Sunglasses: House of Harlow 1960 "Chelsea" // Bracelets: HRH Collection Ultra Luxe; H&M; random bangle }


{ Photographed by Eleanor Chow }

Hi Everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend, and to those in British Columbia, I hope you enjoyed your long weekend! I've been trying to keep cool in the heat wave we've been experiencing here in Vancouver, and dressing comfortably in such sweltering weather can be a challenge. I find that sheer silk fabrics like my tank and shorts are light and airy enough to wear during the hot summer days. What are your go-to items for staying comfortable in the summer heat?

PS: I was on the radio this morning for CBC Radio's The Early Edition program, Pinched, which you can catch right here! The segment is about how to make the most out of the summer sales. You can hear me at 5:34 :)

17 comments:

  1. That's so exciting that you were on the radio! As a Canadian, I definitely enjoyed my long weekend :) I love the sunglasses you're wearing here!
    http://cofcorals.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Colleen! Glad you enjoyed your long weekend, my fellow Canadian :)

      Delete
  2. I love highwaisted shorts!

    www.daisyraeboutique.com
    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your sunglasses! Such an interesting shape, you pull them off well!

    katiesbliss.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're in my neighbourhood! Lovely look & photos as always.
    Will check out your radio talk now for some summer sale tips ;)

    xo
    Carolina

    ReplyDelete
  5. how exciting!!! i'm gonna have to listen to it!!! <3
    love those shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your radio feature, Marisa! I agree that silks are so ideal for hot summer days. The only bad part is keeping them fresh/dry cleaning... gets so expensive! I am liking how this casual look is infused with elegance and those House of Harlow sunnies look amazing on you!

    xo
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jen! I agree that silk gets expensive to keep clean but they're so gorgeous. And I had to get the HOH sunglasses because of how great they look on you!

      Delete
  7. I am so crazy for highwaisted anything! Lookin lovely. Congrats on the radio fame!


    XO
    Kat
    http://XoPhotographyByKat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I don't know if you could call it "fame" but thanks!

      Delete
  8. you looks great! love your sunglasses :)

    MI.NE
    Michelle Angeline

    ReplyDelete
  9. you look fab, I love the bow purse you got!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the color of the shorts!

    www.theluxuryrehab.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. those shorts look SUPER comfy! what a great outfit!

    xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

    ReplyDelete
  12. The periwinkle color of the shorts are great for summer. Love the outfit
    http://cincity26.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those shorts look super comfy and their very stylish! Lovin the cat eye sunnies :-)

    Mycrushcouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I read them all and truly appreciate them :)